Sunday 14 July 2013

The Color Run - London 2013

Today was the inaugural Color Run in London.

Billed as "The happiest run on Earth" I was up for it.

Essentially it was a 5km run and every km you went through a paint station in order to have different coloured paint thrown at you with the aim to have each runner finish looking like a rainbow....sounds good to me!

The route took us around Wembley in North London....not inside the stadium but around the outside :-)

The atmosphere was great at the beginning and with the sun shining it promised to be a fun run! My friend Sonia who was also running told me the paint was sugar based so I was quite intrigued to actually taste some and thought perhaps if I were hungry on the way round then maybe I could lick myself for a little sugar high?!

On the second km paint station I did get some in my mouth and want to assure all future runners that it does not taste good so leave it to its primary purpose of looking pretty on your white clothing....

I am not 100% sure the route was a complete 5km as I finished in 17 minutes 2 seconds which would be a PB by over 1.5 minutes so I think it may have been just a little shorter....but I am going to take the time for now and still have a drink in the sun tonight!

It was great seeing all the runners at the end of the race....however; on my run home (alone) I realised perhaps it doesn't look as great when you are solo and covered in sugar based paint??

Photos below:










No comments:

Post a Comment