Thursday 20 November 2014

Run Britain Grand Prix results

At the start of the year I entered the Reading half marathon as I heard it was a fast course and I wanted to break my PB. I ran and beat it by 1 second. By the skin of my teeth it meant mission accomplished.

I then realised that Reading was the first race in a series of 6 that formed the Run Britain Grand Prix. The competition was as follows:

The 2014 runbritain Grand Prix began with  the Mizuno Reading Half Marathon on 2nd March. The six events in the series are:
  • Mizuno Reading Half Marathon on 2nd March
  • Bristol 10k on May 11th
  • BUPA London 10,000 on 25th May
  • BMC 10,000m Track Festival at Trafford on 6th September*
  • Cardiff Half Marathon on 5th October
  • Age UK Leeds Abbey Dash 10k on 16th November

Points are awarded for the first 250 finishing positions at all six events.  250 points will be awarded for the first British finisher, down to 1 point for the 250th British finisher.

Up to the best four scores from the six available races count at the end of the series. If the athlete scores points in less than four Grand Prix events, their best two, three or single score will count towards the final standings.

After my result in Reading I got a few points and thought I should add the rest of the races to my calendar (bar London as I already had a race in Liverpool lined up.)

From past posts you can see how I did in each one. Before the last one in Leeds I stood at number 30 overall and I wanted to move into the 20s. Sadly Leeds was inundated with elite runners and so I didn't manage this but I am happy with my final placing:

38th out of 1,118 competitors. 

So no money (since that was for the top 12 only) but still a good result I think being in the top 3%?

Would you agree?!

No comments:

Post a Comment