Tuesday 29 December 2015

I am way behind on blogging! A quick catch up on Norwich and Liverpool

So I am way behind on my blogs so here is a brief overview of the past two months:

November:

 - I entered the Norwich half marathon

 - I hurt my leg a week before the race so was nervous about how it would hold up

 - It snowed the night before the race. Beautiful but chilly!

 - The race was outside the city in the rural areas around Norwich

 - It was so cold when I parked up before the race I had to stay in the car for 30 minutes

 - I bought emergency gloves at the start pen

 - The course was stunning and the weather was dry (albeit) cold

 - My leg felt a little tight but no where near as painful as it had done the week before

 - The last mile was tough (as it was a circle around the showground back to where we started)

 - I crossed the line in 52nd place out of 23,335 in a time of 1 hour 23 minutes 6 seconds

 - I was pleased with that

 - I celebrated (prematurely the night before) and post race with some of my parents friends from our
    time in Greece. A nostalgic and lovely time was had by all. Loved it.


Finish line:


The last mile (waving in emergency gloves)


Post celebrations with Mary and Neville:



December:

 - The annual Santa Dash in Liverpool

 - Red vs Blue Santas for the Liverpool V Everton fans

 - I wore red again

 - My sister wore blue again

 - My niece wore a red suit and a blue hat. She knows how to please us both!

 - I pushed Jessica in the buggy. She thought we as a group were too slow at times!

 - It was super fun

 - I love the city

 - I love my family who run with my (and those supporting on the sidelines)

 - We had a brilliant get together afterwards where I ate too many bacon sandwiches (or butties if I
    am to be properly Scouse) and cake

 - My phone broke from the rain during the run

 - I missed my train back to London (luckily the last one was only an hour later)

 - It is one of my favourite days of the year and I cannot wait for 2016 already

Ready (although Jessica said I looked like nobody when I asked who I resembled?!)


Let's dash!


Little niece!




No comments:

Post a Comment