Sunday 27 September 2015

Ealing half marathon

Today was the 4th Ealing half marathon.

It was my fourth time taking part. My aim is to be here to race every year and eventually be one of the only (hopefully only) person to have run every year since its birth. Fingers crossed.

It's a tough half marathon and I am in need of sustenance so I will keep this short and sweet:

 - I love being able to walk to the start line from my house.

 - I changed my pre race meal from porridge to Special K, Red berries version if you are interested!

 - I did a quick warm up in the park and was ready to go.

 - The man in front of me resembled Tom Daley. I shall follow him just in case it turns out to be him.

 - The race was started by the family of the man who passed away in the race last year. A lovely tribute.

 - The pace was fast.

 - We climbed our first hill.

 - At 3.5 miles I passed my sister's house where she, my borther in law and niece gave me a high five.

- It was great to get personal support and I ran on.

- Then the hills continued. They seem relentless on this course.

- After a recovery between hills another was soon on the horizon.

- I had met a marathon runner at the start. This was to be her first half marathon.

- I told her the hills were all in the first half of the race.

- At 8 miles another gigantic hill was in front of us. It turned out I had lied to her then.

 - I had a stitch from miles 8 to 9. Not normal for me. Was it because of the Special K?

-  I contemplated stopping for a second.

- I didn't.

- Soon the last few miles were in sight.

- We looped around the areas I know well. Is that a blessing to know every turn or not?

- Sometimes I think it actually makes it harder.

- None the less the finish line came.

- 116th place in a time of 1 hour 23 minutes 51 seconds.

- It was within my 1h 24m target.

- "Tom Daley" passed me at 5 miles and was never seen again. Maybe it was him?

- It was tough but I will return next year.

We're off (chasing Tom Daley):


Last lap of the park. Looks of pain are optional:



Home time:



The result:




No comments:

Post a Comment