Sunday 27 September 2015

Parkrun with a difference

On the 12th September I did the Northala Fields Parkrun in London.

But you've run that before I hear you cry. Why yes; but this time there was a difference. I would be pushing my niece around the 5km course in her running buggy.

The run went something like this:

 - I got to the park and met my sister and niece.
 - My niece looked super cute with her hair in bunches.
 - The three of us lined up at the very back of the start group.
 - We set off.
 - I found it was easier than I thought to run with a buggy.
 - We overtook a few people.
 - We overtook a few more. They all congratulated us on our pace.
 - Before long we were near the leaders of the pack.
 - Jessica seemed to be enjoying the speed and shook her head to make her bunches blow in the wind.
 - We were on our last kilometer.
 - Jessica shouted we were almost there. She is a clever girl.
 - We crossed the line in 12th place in a time of 21m 01s.
 - We were pleased :-)

Here's how we looked:

Getting ready to go:


We did it. Jessica didn't get the memo about wearing blue it seems:





Great fun and it was nice resting my arms on the buggy whilst running. 

I hope I get to take her out for a run again soon :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment