Sunday 27 September 2015

The London Zoo 10km Stampede

A run in London Zoo and Regent's Park. Two of my favourite places in London. I was in.

If you look back to August 2013 you will see I have race din London Zoo before, naked. However; luckily / sadly this time I would be wearing clothes.

The race was actually last Sunday but I am behind on my blogging so here is a quick recap:

- I arrived at the zoo bright and early.

- I warmed up by the monkey enclosure.

- It was a lovely sunny morning.

- The start waves had started to fill up but nobody wanted to be in the first wave.

- I was too embarrassed to go at the very front until someone else did. How British of me eh?

- Someone entered the first zone. I followed them. this is the first time ever the start was empty!

- The atmosphere was very friendly.

- A ten second count down and we were off.

- A quick dash around the zoo and we were then out in Regent's Park for three laps.

- I was in 4th place.

- The park is beautiful and it was fantastic watching it come to life as time went on.

- I held 4th place until 900m to go and then I was overtaken.

- I couldn't claw it back.

- We entered the zoo again for the last few hundred meters.

- 5th place was mine in a time of 38m 20s.

- The 4 ahead of me were all in their twenties so should have beaten me. Jealous much?!

- Not my best performance ever but a great run to take part in none the less.

- We got to spend the rest of the day in the Zoo which was a bonus.

- Penguins, tigers, meerkats and monkeys followed. You know the drill when in the zoo!

A beautiful morning walk to the zoo:


Confirmation of what I needed to do once I got inside the zoo:


No, you go first. No, you should go in front of me.....


Under the watchful eye of the polar bear:


We're off:


Almost there:


Crossing the line:


Back to where I warmed up with the monkeys, with the medal this time:


Post run play time:


The stunning example of art deco architecture in the form of the original penguin pool:



No comments:

Post a Comment