Sunday 6 October 2013

Cardiff Half Marathon

Today was the Cardiff Half Marathon.

I had decided to enter as I have run in London, Edinburgh and Dublin so Cardiff was a missing capital for nearby countries!

I hadn't realised that it is known as a fast course and only once my running coach told me that it was "super fast" that I thought maybe I could beat my PB.

The course was brilliant starting at the castle in the centre of the city and going all the way out to Cardiff Bay which was stunning.....it was such a glorious day it was perfect to run alongside the water for a while.

I was keeping good pace and really pushed myself with the aim of going sub 1 hour 20 minutes.

Crossing the line I was absolutely chuffed to bits to have made it in 1 hour 19 minutes and 22 seconds....a brand new PB! That placed me 139th overall out of around 19,000, 127th out of all the men competing and 82nd in my age category!

Loved it!

The castle at the start line:


Finnisher medal:

Some nice congratulation tweets from other athletes:







No comments:

Post a Comment