Sunday 6 October 2013

Ealing Half Marathon

A little bit behind on updating the blog....that's what happens when work gets in the way!

Last weekend (29th September) was the second Ealing Half Marathon. Again it was a very welcome present that the start and finish line were literally around the corner from my house which means not dropping the bag at the bag tent and no setting of rediculously early in case of problems getting to the race!

It was fun to run around my stomping ground although two things:

1) I had forgotten how hilly parts of Ealing is!

2) In some ways I think the end of the race was harder knowing the area so well...when you know exactly where you are and how far you have to go it actually seemed to make me more tired!

Despite that I came home in 49th place out of about 4,000 with a time of 1 hour 21 minutes 30 seconds which was an improvement of two minutes from the year before.

Start line:



Finisher photo:

No comments:

Post a Comment